12 Boston Stories with Ben Edwards
Ben Edwards has been a private tour guide in Boston since 2004. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Paul Revere Memorial Association since 1999. Four generations of Ben’s Edwards ancestors lived in Boston from 1700-1852. His relative Sally Edwards, the older sister of Ben’s fourth-great-grandfather Benjamin Edwards (1765-1808), married silversmith Paul Revere Jr., firstborn son of patriot Paul Revere.
Ben is the author of the children’s book One April in Boston: The Gift of the Spyglass. The book is a tribute to his family’s Boston history and honors his relative Private Philip Edwards by revealing the gift he gave to the neighborhood children before leaving for France to fight in World War 1 and passing into legend. Ben’s book, originally published in 2000, was released as an eBook in 2015 and is a Free download at the iTunes Store. It is currently being marketed as a feature film or made-for-TV movie.
One April in Boston
Movie Project Trailer
1) The Hidden Location of Paul Revere’s Gold and Silversmith Shop
2) Benjamin Franklin and the Silence Dogood Letters
3) President George Washington Visits Boston
4) Thomas Melvill and the Boston Tea Party
6) First Reading of the Declaration of Independence in Boston
7) Faneuil Hall’s Grasshopper Weather Vane
8) The Story of the Old North Church Steeple
9) The Lantern Signal from Old North Church – April 18, 1775
10) The Narrowest House in Boston
11) Captain Benjamin Edwards Battles Pirates in the Caribbean